Learn The Drug Test Detection Times That Will Work For You.
Drug detection times indicate a point in time after you last took a drug in which drug testing can reveal the presence of the resulting metabolites in your urine, hair, saliva or blood.
These drug test detection times are your number one bet on being safe. Many other charts profess minor differences in drug detection times. We believe in publishing clearly safe lengths of time. Drug detection times can vary substantially based upon the following factors:
- Amount and Frequency of Use: Single or small doses of drugs are generally not as detectable for as long a period of time as chronic or long-term use.
- Metabolic Rate: Individuals with slower body metabolism are prone to a longer detection times.
- Body Mass: In general, human metabolism slows with increased body mass resulting in longer detection time.
- Physical Activity: Physically inactive individuals with a high percentage of body fat in relation to total body mass are prone to a longer detection time due to the increased amount of excess metabolites stored in their fat cells.
- Age: In general, human metabolism slows with age.
- Overall Health: Human metabolism slows during periods of deteriorating health which can result in a longer detection time.
- Drug Tolerance Users typically metabolize a drug faster once a tolerance to the drug is established. This can result in a shorter detection time.
- Urine pH: Urine pH can impact drug detection. A highly acidic urine results in a somewhat shorter detection time.
- Please Note: Users may test positive longer than times shown below In a small percentage of cases. This is most obvious in cases of long-term chronic abuse or individuals with significant body fat or individuals with health related issues resulting in abnormally slow body metabolism.
|Drug Detection Times|
|Drug / Identifier||Starts||Urine||Saliva|
|Ephedrine / Pseudoephedrine||Anorectic Drugs|
|Alprazolam / Xanax|
|Cocaine or Crack|
|(Lysergic Acid Diethylamide)|
|Marijuana (THC) (Cannabis - Pot - Weed)|
|Casual (1- 3 Times Per Week)|
|Heavy User (3+ Times per Week)|
|Chronic (Longer Than 3 Months)|
|Soma||Mescaline / Psilocybin|
|Clenbuterol||Tricyclic Anti-Depressants (TCA)|
|Tryptomer - Elavil - Amioxid - Ambivalon - Equilibrin - Evadyne - Anafranil - Deparon - Tinoran - Norpramin - Pertofrane - Noveril - Azaphen - Depressin - Vagran - Vivactil - Kevopril - Kinupril - Adeprim - Quinuprine - Survector - Maneon - Directim - Prondol - Galatur - Tetran - Insidon - Pramolan - Ensidon - Oprimol - Stablon - Tatinol - Surmontil||
- To be safe we do not propose the minimum time a drug can be detected, we publish the maximum time a drug can be detected.
- Betting on the minimum time can get one into real trouble.
Important Considerations Few Sites Mention. This Is Real Critical Reading.
- What Drugs Will Be On My Test? - Drug tests are available in multitude of combinations. You should always be ready for the big six: 1) Marijuana, 2) Cocaine, 3) Amphetamine, 4) Methamphetamine, 5) Opiates and 6) PCP. However, what drugs will show up on your test is entirely up to the testers and you will not be told before hand. Many drug tests will divide Amphetamines and Methamphetamines into two separate tests. This is to quickly identify Methamphetamine users from Amphetamine users (which could be from prescriptions).
- When Do The Drugs First Show Up? - All the drugs in the chart below will generally appear in urine or saliva 2 - 8 hours after use. Drugs can be detected in the hair on your head about 5 - 7 days after use. Body hairs take as bit longer to show up as they generally grow slower.
- Why Should I Be Concerned With A False Positive Result? - Research has shown that urine drug tests generally produce false positive results in as much as 5% of the drug tests given today. There are literally hundreds of prescription drugs and over 250 legal off-the-shelf medications that can cause you to fail. Example: Eating a poppy seed bagel can produce false positive results according to a recent episode of "Myth Busters". The poppy seeds can lead to false-positive for several days. For more information on how to deal with a False Positive Result CLICK HERE.
- Why Do The Drug Detection Times Vary Between Sites? - Tests are available with various cut off levels increasing or decreasing your detection times. As an example, the Amphetamine Drug Test is available in cut off levels from 500 to 1,000 pg/mg with corresponding longer detection times. To be safe we do not propose the minimum time a drug can be detected with the least sensitive tests, we publish the maximum time a drug can be detected with the most sensitive tests. Since you rarely know the sensitivity level of the test you are facing, betting on the minimum time can get one into real trouble. That is not to mention that many sites are more concerned with marketing (sales) than actual accuracy.
- Hair Drug Test Detection Times: Most technicians taking hair samples tend to use only the hair within about 1 1/2 inches of your scalp and discard the rest. This arbitrarily limits the detection history to about 90 days. But beware, should the testers decide to take the hair sample from longer strands of hair, the detection time could be as long as that part of the hair sample tested was on your body after contamination. Also, if you do not have enough head hair for the test, they could use any body hair. Body hair tends to grow much slower than head hair with correspondingly longer detection times.
- Blood Drug Test Detection Times: A blood drug test takes a look at your bodies contamination of the actual drug at the point in time of your test only. The blood drug test is most often used to determine the presence of current health issues such as nicotine, diabetes, HIV/AIDS, cholesterol levels, hepatitis and other things of concerning overall health. Most drugs have a detection period of less than 2 days. The exceptions are THC and Nicotine, which chronic use can be detected up to one week. The blood drug test is often given along with a urine drug test, so be ready for both.
Special Pricing If You Buy Today!
Place the word "detection" in the coupon field of our shopping cart and receive a 10% discount on all products you buy today.